Job: Guidance Specialist
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000
Location: South Wales (Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot or Bridgend)
Hours: Part Time
Contract Type: Fixed term until 31 March 2019 (with the potential for extension).
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Overall purpose of the Guidance Specialist role:
To deliver a specialist quality service to customers eligible for the pensions guidance service who have complex pension scenarios by supplying accurate, personalised, relevant information and guidance on their pensions options and choices.
The following are the main duties of the role:
- Provide face to face pension and retirement information and guidance to members of the public, in line with the defined Pension Wise service.
- To help consumers to understand the full implications of their pension choices using appropriate skills, including numerical.
- To raise consumer awareness of pension scams and fraudulent activity, to encourage consumers to report any issues to the relevant authorities and to report potential scams and fraudulent activity through appropriate internal channels.
- Respond proactively to consumer demand, working to agreed service delivery standards.
- Provide timely and accurate follow up information that adds value to the consumer and is clear and easy to understand.
- Contribute towards shared best practice within the individual bureau and across the local Citizens Advice (LCA) network.
- Ensure that all work conforms to the Pension Wise quality standards, including undertaking peer to peer observations for quality assurance purposes, where applicable.
- Ensure that all required management information is both captured and reported on a timely basis.
- In addition, you may be required to carry out ad hoc projects to improve the service we provide, attend meetings or workshops and support promotional activity for the service, within the scope of the role.
Requirements for role
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice in which equality and diversity is embedded throughout.
- Awareness that Citizens Advice clients are at the heart of everything we do
- Willingness to travel within the UK (including occasional overnights) and to work unsocial hours occasionally to meet tight timescales.
- Proven ability to use IT packages
Successful applicants are made a conditional offer subject to:
- HM Government Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
- Successful completion and passing of accreditation training and exam
- Satisfactory references
- Depending on role requirements: DBS checks
Please send your CVs to Anthony.Phillips@cacv.org.uk and refer to the Job Title
Interviews to be held in February/March TBC.
Applicants must be able to attend our 3 week induction programme which will start in March and April. Approx 6 days of these days are going to involve overnight stay in London.