Job Title: Education Development Officer
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours
Education Development Officer Job summary/purpose
The Education Development Officer will support and continue to develop Shelter Cymru’s national education service for schools and other organisations in relation to young people and leaving home. To develop, maintain and promote resources and provide support to organisations wishing to establish education initiatives. To involve young people in promoting the leaving home education agenda and to campaign for its inclusion within relevant strategies and frameworks, locally and nationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of working with children and young people in a youth work, youth homelessness, or educational context.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both one to one situations and to larger audiences.
• Demonstrable communication skills including writing and speaking in Welsh and English.
• Experience in the use of information technology including an understanding of website engagement and usage
• Proven track record of planning projects, setting and achieving targets and reviewing work and making recommendations for the future.
• Good knowledge of education in Wales, including the National Curriculum.
• Relevant experience in the supervising of staff and or volunteers.
• Plans and organises a broad number of activities, some of which are ongoing, which require the formulation or adjustment of plans.
• Able to speak Welsh fluently.
• Understands and commits to the aims and principles of Shelter Cymru’s Diversity and Welsh Language Scheme.
• Works flexibly which will include travelling to other locations in an acceptably time-efficient manner, and on occasion, working outside usual office hours.
• Annual leave of 29 days plus 2 concessionary days at Christmas and New Year (excluding statutory and national holidays).
• Shelter Cymru operates a contributory pension scheme. Shelter Cymru will contribute an amount equivalent to 4% of gross salary upon 4% from the member of staff, into our Group Stakeholder pension scheme.
For more information or to apply, contact Swyddle on 029 2030 2182 or email@example.com
Application forms will need to be submitted by 01 February 2018. Interview will be held on 13 February 2018.