Job: Campaigns Officer
Hours: Part time
Salary: £18,619 – £25,109 pro-rata
Contract: Permanent (conditional on completing a 3 month probationary period)
Closing: 26 February 2018
Background to Campaigns Officer Role
The aim of this post is to help ensure that our canvassing and electoral records are up-to-date, providing vital support in our efforts to ensure electoral success. You will inspire and motivate volunteers to engage with Plaid Cymru’s campaigns, and ensure that our data processes are cutting edge and scrupulously accurate.
The duties will include:
- Developing, refining and improving our data processes, including researching and testing new and innovative approaches
- Database maintenance and support
- Developing a training programme for encouraging volunteers to participate in our data collection and input activities
- Training members and activists on our canvassing data software
- Ensuring compliance with GDPR, alongside general data security and integrity of databases
- Generating data reports
- Such other reasonable activities as the Chief Executive may decide from time to time.
Skills and experience – Essential
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Excel to advanced level, csv files and general databases
- Experience of providing training and user support
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to input data to a very high degree of accuracy
- An ability to multi-task and to prioritise work effectively
- Support for the aims and principles of Plaid Cymru
- The ability to work in a manner which accords with the promotion of equal opportunities
Skills and experience – Desirable
- The confidence and ability to generate new ideas and to develop ideas
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of the political context of Wales and Plaid Cymru
- Knowledge of VBA programming
The person appointed will be accountable to the Deputy Chief Executive. Campaign guidance is provided by the Director of Elections. The staff team directly employed by Plaid and Plaid elected groups is at present comparatively small. In such a situation, it is essential that all members of staff adopt a flexible attitude to the tasks in hand, and are able to work effectively as a team, understanding each other’s needs and limitations. Most party officers at all levels are volunteers. The person appointed will need to have a good understanding of the limitations this can impose.
How to apply
Send your completed application form to Geraint Day firstname.lastname@example.org, 029 2047 2272 to arrive no later than 23:59 on 26 February 2018, or by post to Tŷ Gwynfor, Llys Anson, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4AL.